Verus Research is searching for an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Engineer to perform research & development, conception, and implementation of planning, control, and verification techniques applied to autonomous systems.
The primary role for the AI Research Engineer will be to design and develop artificial intelligence and control algorithms and the tools to model and analyze those algorithms and the systems hosting them (primarily vehicles, such as ground vehicles, quadrotors, etc.). The role will require the development of software to control, verify, and build trust in artificial intelligence and autonomous systems, including the use of machine learning and optimization algorithms. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the AI Research Engineer position will possess strong analytical skills and a background in some combination of dynamics and control theory, autonomous system development, machine learning, optimization algorithms, and verification and validation. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Master’s degree (or higher) in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science or related field
- Advanced experience with MATLAB®, Simulink, and other programming languages (e.g., C++, Python, etc.)
- Strong mathematical background and the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Experience with ROS and Gazebo a plus
- Knowledge of aerospace systems a plus