Verus Research is searching for a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to be a data design expert in a growing research and development enterprise.
The BI Engineer will be responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration of those systems with other applications.
The position requires design and implementation of reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. This data helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the BI Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, exceptional technical and analytical skills, the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions, and be self-driven. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline
- Background or education in accounting or finance
- 7 years’ experience in business intelligence and database development in a Microsoft environment
- Prior experience in the design, development, and support of database objects (i.e., procedures, tables, etc.) for MS SQL Server, including writing complex SQL and T-SQL stored procedures, as well as performing database and reports performance tuning
- Experience working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system (experience with JAMIS Prime a plus)