Verus Research is seeking an experienced Computational Physicist to support the design, development, and testing of cutting-edge, high-power microwave (HPM) sources, plasma devices, and diagnostics.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Formulating conceptual solutions for high-power vacuum, electronic, radio frequency, and plasma devices;
- Leading numerical simulation to mature device concepts to meet design objectives; numerical simulation tools include electromagnetic particle-in-cell, electron beam gun codes, multi-physics modeling tools, and circuit simulation;
- Supporting numerical simulation to inform and guide experimental development and demonstration of high-power electromagnetic sources; and
- Simulating electron beam, plasma, and pulsed power diagnostics to enable interpretation of experimentally observed phenomena.
- Contributing to system integration efforts, performing project planning, and assisting in writing proposals.
This posting is for a position in Albuquerque, NM.
Success in this challenging role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding (or being able to obtain) a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- A mix of education and professional experience including either:
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant physics or engineering role and an M.S. in a related field such as electrical engineering, nuclear engineering, physics, or applied mathematics, or a Ph.D. in a related field as above
- Relevant prior experience, including one or more of the following:
- High-power microwave (HPM) source design, development, or analysis
- Radiofrequency source research and development
- Plasma source design and development
- Vacuum electronics device simulation
- Particle accelerator systems and sources simulation
- Pulsed power simulation