Verus Research is searching for a Contracts Intern to assist with researching issues associated with intellectual property and data rights in the federally funded research and development arena. The Contracts Intern may perform a number of duties, including assisting contracts staff with the development of a data rights repository, verification of historical data in the Company proposal log, and creation of an IP marking matrix for company documents. The intern will also participate in contract administration, proposal activities, and research. The intern will learn the fundamentals of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and FAR-based contracts administration. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The ideal candidate for the Contracts Intern role will possess a strong mix of business, analytical, and organizational skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Completion of at least two years of study in a university law or business program, or another relevant program
- Familiarity with contracts
- Demonstrated ability to research laws and regulations
- Experience in a professional business environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office