Verus Research is searching for a Control Systems Intern to assist with the development and implementation of reinforcement learning controllers. The Control Systems Intern will be responsible for developing an interface between simulation environments and Python, training reinforcement learning algorithms to control vehicles, and testing those algorithms. The Control Systems Intern will primarily work independently to deliver control solutions under the supervision of senior engineering staff. This posting is for a summer internship in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Control Systems Intern position will be a critical thinker, self-motivated, and have a strong math and control theory background. Additionally, the candidate will possess the following.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Completion of at least 3 years’ study in engineering, mathematics, computer science or a related field; current enrollment in an advanced degree program in one of these disciplines desired
- Familiarity with reinforcement learning
- Experience coding in Python
- Familiarity with dynamical systems and aerospace systems in particular
- Familiarity with designing controllers with safety constraints or formally verifying the safety of existing controllers strongly desired