Verus Research is searching for a Controls Engineer to support research and development and system design across a broad array of technical areas, including pulsed power, electronic warfare, electromagnetic sensors, and high-power microwave systems.
The Controls Engineer will be required to lead the development of control systems for complex test equipment and instrumentation, including both hardware and software design. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Controls Engineer position will possess a strong mix of leadership traits with proven multidisciplinary design, test, and analytical skills. Highly competitive applicants will also be able to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or relevant discipline
- 3+ years’ experience working in relevant technical areas
- Demonstrated experience in control system development, including hardware and software design, integration, and test.
- 3+ years’ experience and strong working knowledge with C and C++
- Experience with embedded Linux systems, preferably ARM core
- Familiarity with embedded networking, RTOSs, and low-level peripheral interfaces (e.g., SPI, UART, PWM, and similar)
- 3+ years’ experience in schematic capture and PCB layout with high-frequency and mixed-signal design expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge of RF and analog circuit design a plus
- DSP and FPGA experience a plus
- Familiarity with Python or MATLAB a plus