Verus Research is searching for an experienced Electrical-Electronics Technician to perform assembly and testing of circuits and components for developmental, prototype, and production radio frequency and pulsed power systems in Albuquerque, NM.
Verus Research develops a range of high-power electromagnetic and plasma technologies. In many cases, customer specifications require adapting or advancing the state of the art in component and system technologies. The primary role for the Electrical-Electronics Technician will be the assembly and testing of circuits for high-power electromagnetic and plasma systems. The successful candidate will work closely with engineering to fabricate electrical and electronics hardware, conduct operational testing, assess circuit performance, troubleshoot systems, and conduct repairs.
Success in this role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Presently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in assembly and testing of electrical circuits for integration into systems
- Hands-on experience in circuit assembly, including a variety of soldering techniques
- Experience with electrical power, signal, and radio frequency cable assembly
- Familiarity with electromagnetic shielding techniques and principles
- Skilled at wire wrap, soldering, and general hand and electrical tool use
- Comfortable using a variety of electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, LCR meters, network analyzers)
- Experience with light mechanical fabrication and assembly