Verus Research is searching for an Electrical Engineering Intern to assist with development of a low-cost, ground-penetrating radar (GPR) system based on a novel antenna concept. The Electrical Engineering Intern may perform a number of duties, including assisting engineering staff with fabricating a broadband antenna signal, research on algorithms for processing GPR data, and testing of the GPR prototype. The intern may also apply similar tools and techniques to other research projects. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, New Mexico, area.
The ideal candidate for the Electrical Engineering Intern role will possess a strong mix of design, analytical, and hands-on skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Presently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Enrollment in a university electrical engineering program or relevant engineering discipline
- Familiarity with radio frequency behavior and design
- Familiarity with Mathcad or Python™
- Experience with electrical or mechanical fabrication techniques