Verus Research is searching for an Electronic Warfare (EW) Director to support a growing portfolio of research and development programs in signals intelligence, electronic intelligence, radar and telemetry systems, and technologies that blend the domains of directed energy and EW.
The EW Director will be required to lead a team of engineers and scientists in the field of EW, radio frequency (RF) Communications, and RF-microwave systems engineering. The position requires working with tech-savvy customers, identifying their requirements, generating technical responses and proposals, formulating execution strategies, and working with diverse internal technical teams to ensure successful program outcomes on time and on budget. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the EW Director role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, technical and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- 10 years’ demonstrated expertise in technical leadership and management of the design and development of EW or wireless communication systems
- Experience successfully executing advanced EW programs through leading multidisciplinary teams and direct technical contributions
- Experience in leading and writing winning technical white papers and proposals for federal research and development customers
- Demonstrated prior experience with EW and RF communication systems, principles, and design with evidenced ability to solve complex engineering problems related to such equipment
- Well-developed knowledge of radar theory, digital and analog signal processing, hardware-in-the-loop algorithm/software development, and software testing is desired