Verus Research is searching for an Electronic Warfare (EW) Director to support a growing portfolio of research and development programs in signals intelligence, electronic intelligence, radar and telemetry systems, and technologies that blend the domains of directed energy and EW.
The EW Director will lead a team of engineers and scientists in the field of EW, radio frequency (RF) communications, and RF-microwave systems engineering. The position requires working with tech-savvy customers, identifying their requirements, generating technical responses and proposals, formulating execution strategies, and working with diverse internal technical teams to ensure successful program outcomes on time and on budget. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the EW Director role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, technical and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- 10 years’ demonstrated expertise in design, test, technical leadership and management of the design and development of EW or wireless communication systems
- Evidenced ability to solve complex engineering problems related to such systems
- Experience successfully executing advanced EW programs through leading multidisciplinary teams and direct technical contributions
- Experience leading and writing winning technical white papers and proposals for federal research and development customers
- Well-developed knowledge of radar and wireless communications theory, operational principles, digital and analog signal processing, and hardware-in-the-loop algorithm/software development