Verus Research is searching for an Electronic Warfare (EW) Hardware Engineer to support a growing portfolio of research and development programs in signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic intelligence (ELINT), radar and telemetry systems, and blending the domains of directed energy and electronic warfare.
The EW Hardware Engineer will be required to design, develop, and support the integration of hardware-in-the-loop EW systems, radio frequency (RF) component and subsystems engineering, EW signal processing, and support the transition of these novel systems to higher levels of technology readiness. The position requires working collaboratively in teams comprised of diverse scientific and engineering colleagues as well as technology-savvy customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the EW Hardware Engineer position will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Over 5 years’ demonstrated expertise in technical aspects pertaining to the design and development of EW or wireless communication systems
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Must be familiar with technologies and concepts integral to EW or wireless communication systems and demonstrate the ability to solve complex engineering problems related to such systems
- Working knowledge of radar theory, phased array antenna design, RF signal processing, RF transmitter and receiver circuits, digital and analog signal processing, and RF source systems (tube and solid-state amplifiers)
- Demonstrated familiarity with the use of electronic instrumentation test equipment, such as vector signal generators/analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and arbitrary waveform generators, as utilized in the context of EW and communications applications
- Demonstrated experience in transitioning these EW and communication systems to space-based assets desired