Verus Research is searching for an Electronic Warfare (EW) Hardware Engineer to support our growing portfolio of research and development programs which blend the domains of directed energy and EW in signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic intelligence (ELINT), radar, and telemetry systems..
The EW Hardware Engineer will be required to design, develop, and support the integration of hardware-in-the-loop EW systems, radio frequency (RF) component and subsystems engineering, EW signal processing, and the transition of these novel systems to higher levels of technology readiness. The position requires working collaboratively in teams comprised of diverse scientific and engineering colleagues as well as technology-savvy customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the EW Hardware Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, experimental and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Over 10 years’ demonstrated expertise in technical design and development of EW or wireless communication systems
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Understanding of radar theory, phased array antenna design, RF signal processing, RF transmitter and receiver circuits, digital and analog signal processing, and RF source systems (tube and solid-state amplifiers)
- Familiarity with the technologies and concepts integral to EW and wireless communication systems with a demonstrated ability to solve complex engineering problems related to such systems
- Demonstrated ability using statistical and adaptive signal processing, channel equalization, adaptive filtering, and detection and estimation theory for radar and wireless communication systems
- Demonstrated ability using electronic instrumentation test equipment, such as vector signal generators/analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and arbitrary waveform generators, as utilized in the context of EW and communications applications
- Application-relevant experience with LabVIEW, MATLAB/Python, Agilent (KeySight) ADS, and CST Microwave Studio is highly desired.