Verus Research is searching for an Electronic Warfare (EW) Software Engineer to support a growing portfolio of research and development programs in signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic intelligence (ELINT), radar and telemetry systems, and blending the domains of directed energy and electronic warfare.
The EW Software Engineer will be required to conceive, develop, and formulate advanced signal processing algorithms to support the integration of hardware-in-the-loop EW systems, perform radio frequency (RF) component and subsystems engineering and EW and wireless communications signal processing, and support the transition of these novel systems to higher levels of technology readiness. The position requires working collaboratively in teams comprised of diverse scientific and engineering colleagues as well as technology-savvy customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the EW Software Engineer position will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design, and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Over 5 years’ demonstrated expertise in technical aspects pertaining to the design and development of EW or wireless communication systems
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated prior experience with EW and RF communication systems, principals, and design and a demonstrated ability to solve complex engineering problems related to such equipment
- Well-developed knowledge of radar theory, digital and analog signal processing, hardware-in-the-loop algorithm/software development, and software testing
- Demonstrated familiarity with statistical and adaptive signal processing, channel equalization, adaptive filtering, and detection and estimation theory as applied to wireless communication systems
- Demonstrated familiarity with position, navigation, and timing (PNT) concepts as they relate to GPS systems is desired
- Demonstrated experience in transitioning these EW and communication systems to space-based assets desired