Verus Research is searching for an Embedded Systems Engineer to support our expanding systems design and research and development needs across a broad array of technical areas, including pulsed power, high-power microwave devices, electromagnetic sensors, and electronic warfare. Responsibilities span the range of complex system integration at the hardware and firmware level to high-level system design implementation.
The Embedded Systems Engineer will possess leadership traits and experience with the challenges inherent in complex system designs. Strong team skills are a must, as is the ability to clearly communicate with customers and colleagues while approaching projects with an innovative mindset. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) plus at least 7 years of experience in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- Experience with C, C++, C#, Python, and database management, including understanding version control, debugging, error-handling, and issue-tracking principles
- Programming experience with embedded microcontrollers and microprocessors, including knowledge of bare metal, RTOS, and embedded Linux systems and low-level peripheral understanding (I2C, SPI, UART, PWM, etc.)
- Proven ability to solve complex systems engineering problems with a focus on system control, communication, power, and data acquisition techniques and a strong emphasis on interfacing with instrumentation
- Knowledge, ability, and dedication to testing and validating designs for performance verification
- Excellent technical documentation and collaborative development skills
- At least 5 years’ experience with FPGA (Verilog or VHDL) desired
- Knowledge of radar and wireless communications theory, nuclear instrumentation, laboratory vacuum systems, and hardware-in-the-loop algorithm/software development a plus