Verus Research is looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to support our expanding systems design and research and development needs. The successful applicant will support a broad array of technical areas, including pulsed power, electronic warfare, electromagnetic sensors, and high-power microwave devices. Responsibilities include complex system integration at the hardware and firmware level and a key role in design implementation.
Ideal candidates will possess leadership traits and experience with the challenges inherent in complex system design. Strong team skills are a must, as is the ability to communicate clearly with customers and colleagues while approaching projects with an innovative mindset. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- U.S. citizen
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience with C or C++
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and microprocessors (preferably ARM core)
- Further experience in I2C, SPI, UART, PWM, etc., as well as RTOS and embedded Linux systems
- At least 3 years’ experience in schematic capture and PCB layout, with mixed-signal and high-frequency design experience ideal
- FPGA and DSP skills highly desirable.
- Excellent documentation and collaborative development skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills at both the hardware and software level