Verus Research is searching for a Game Engine Development Intern to assist with the development of a simulation environment for testing autonomous vehicles. The Game Engine Development Intern will be responsible for creating a realistic, visually impressive environment using either Unity or the Unreal Engine that also incorporates physics models of aircraft, such as linking an Unreal environment with AirSim. This simulation environment must be accessible by reinforcement learning algorithms for training purposes. The Game Engine Development Intern will primarily work independently to deliver the simulation environment under the supervision of senior software development staff. This posting is for a summer internship in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Game Engine Development Intern position will be a critical thinker, self-motivated, and have a strong programming background. Additionally, the candidate will possess the following.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Completion of at least 3 years’ study in computer science, engineering or a related field; current enrollment in an advanced degree program in one of these disciplines desired
- Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience coding in Python
- Familiarity with aerospace systems a plus
- Familiarity with reinforcement learning a plus