Verus Research is searching for a High-Power Microwave (HPM) Test Engineer to perform research and development (R&D) and analysis in the directed energy technical area, with specific focus on high-power electromagnetic applications. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the HPM Test Engineer role will possess a strong mix of experience with laboratory testing, the ability to work in teams, and the capability to communicate and provide coherent reporting of technical concepts to the team lead. The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, applied physics, or other relevant engineering discipline
- 1 to 5 years of experience working in relevant technical areas in the academic or DoD R&D environments with a focus on radio frequency and microwave measurements, testing, and analysis
- Experience with common laboratory diagnostic equipment, such as oscilloscopes, vector network analyzers, and spectrum analyzers
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience writing technical reports, briefing technical results, and developing work plans