Verus Research is searching for a Mechanical Engineering Intern to assist with researching fabrication techniques necessary for production of a novel antenna concept. The Mechanical Engineering Intern may perform a number of duties, including assisting engineering staff with the development of solid models using Solidworks, verification of designs using finite element analysis, and supporting prototype fabrication. The intern may also apply similar tools and techniques to other research projects. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, New Mexico, area.
The ideal candidate for the Mechanical Engineering Intern role will possess a strong mix of design, analytical, and hands-on skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Presently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Enrollment in a university mechanical engineering program or relevant engineering discipline
- Familiarity with Solidworks or other computer-aided design packages
- Familiarity with Mathcad or Python™
- Experience with electrical or mechanical fabrication techniques