Verus Research is searching for an experienced Microwave Electrical Engineer to lead the design, development, and testing of cutting-edge high-power radio frequency (HPRF) devices, systems, sensors, and diagnostics.
The Microwave Electrical Engineer will join a team of engineers and physicists developing HPRF systems. The primary responsibilities for this position include formulation of conceptual design solutions for HPRF sources, development and oversight of plans to mature HPRF source technologies, and experimental validation of source designs. Additionally, this role will be responsible for coordinating the manufacture of HPRF components and systems with outside fabrication companies. The work also includes contributing to system integration efforts, performing project planning, and assisting in proposal writing and report generation. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Microwave Electrical Engineer role will possess a mix of strong mix of leadership traits, intellectual flexibility, and the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to a variety of audiences. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- B.S. in electrical engineering or related field
- 9 years’ experience in HPRF source development OR a graduate degree in electrical engineering or related discipline and 7 years’ experience in HPRF source development
- Prior experience designing HPRF sources and testing to validate capabilities is required
- Prior experience executing electromagnetic susceptibility testing for a range of HPRF environments is desired