Verus Research is searching for a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer to provide both analysis and software programming support for scientific simulations in electromagnetism.
The M&S Engineer will support analysis of radio-frequency (RF) interactions with the environment, and in assessment of high-power microwave (HPM) weapon effectiveness against electronic targets. A significant portion of the work will be development and maintenance of scientific simulation software written primarily in C++ with some prototype/supporting codes in Python. This work will require developing and updating software using the following software development environment tools: Visual Studio, CMake, and Git. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The ideal candidate for the M&S Engineer role will possess a strong mix of development and analytical skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions.
Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree(s) in electrical/computer engineering or physics
- 3 or more years of experience in simulation analysis or data analysis
- 3 or more years of experience working in software development with C++
- Experience in statistical methods and algorithm development
- Experience with data visualization in Python, Matlab, or plotting libraries such as ParaView or VisIt, OpenGL, or game engines such as Unity or the Unreal Engine
- Experience with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence a plus
- Experience with graphical user interface development with Qt a plus