Verus Research is searching for a Plasma Scientist to conduct research and development related to pulsed power-driven, high-energy density plasmas. The successful candidate is expected to perform high-level design and experimental development of high-energy density plasma sources, high-pressure arc discharge devices, pulsed power drivers, and the diagnostics necessary to observe key performance phenomena.
The ideal candidate for the Plasma Scientist role will possess a record of excellence in experimental, analytical, interpersonal, and leadership situations. This work will require conduct of guided and independent research, as well as the ability to work independently and within teams. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Additional requirements include:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Master’s degree or higher in physics, electrical, nuclear, mechanical, or aerospace engineering
- Demonstrated expertise in experimental plasma science, including some combination of source development, technology maturation, and fielding diagnostics
- Familiarity with numerical simulation tools relevant to this technical domain, including MHD, PIC, electromagnetics, PSPICE circuit simulation, etc.
- Ability to interact effectively with scientists conducting numerical simulations in order to achieve technical objectives collaboratively and efficiently
Desired qualifications include:
- Understanding of vacuum electronics devices, including microwave sources
- Knowledge of high-power electromagnetic phenomena and diagnostic techniques
- Experience with system integration of practical or operational plasma-based technologies