Verus Research is searching for an experienced Power Electronics Engineer to lead design and development of power electronics components and systems for developmental and maturing hardware.
The primary role for the Power Electronics Engineer will be overseeing the design and development of electronics to drive high-power electromagnetic and plasma systems and assessing the operations of those components. The successful candidate will also perform project planning, lead electrical sub-system development, and assist in proposal writing and report generation. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
- Develop power systems architectures for high-power electromagnetic and plasma systems
- Develop energy storage solutions for stand-alone systems
- Perform circuit analysis, design, and testing to support development of high-power electromagnetic systems
- Assist the enterprise engineering team with developing advanced solutions for power systems and diagnostics
- Conduct electronic system testing, including documentation of results and preparation of reports on presentations
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for the development of new high-power electromagnetic capabilities
Success in this role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Presently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or directly related field
- More than 3 years’ experience developing electrical circuits for power electronics, pulsed power, or radio frequency systems
- Ability to independently formulate design and development plans for electrical systems