Join Verus Research and be part of an elite team that utilizes creativity, critical thinking skills, and state-of-the-art technologies to create solutions that matter, every day! Verus Research is searching for a Principal Digital Design Engineer to perform research and development, conception, and implementation of advanced “system on chip” (SoC) designs and algorithms. This role will make significant contributions to technical projects requiring development and deployment of radio frequency (RF) SoC applications, including designing, developing, implementing, and testing multi-channel RF signal processing systems.
This position is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Visit https://greaterabq.com/the-city-we-love/ for information on living in the greater Albuquerque area! Relocation assistance will be provided to the ideal candidate.
Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Extensive experience implementing RF SoC solutions using Xilinx or similar SoC tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of Verilog and/or VHDL for synthesis and simulation
- Domain expertise in FPGA design flow using the entire Vivado or similar toolchain, including FPGA design, simulation & implementation, Petalinux build process, and SDK/Vitis build environment
- Ability to convert complex signal processing algorithms from MATLAB® or C++ into specialized FPGA DSP (optimization for high-speed and low-power consumption desired)
- Advanced knowledge of creating software concepts in C, such as state machine implemented by function pointer table
- Demonstrated experience working with embedded microprocessors and software defined radios