Join Verus Research and be a part of an elite team that utilizes creativity, critical thinking skills, and state-of-the-art technologies to create solutions that matter, every day! Verus Research is searching for a Principal Radio Frequency Design Engineer to perform research and development blending the domains of directed energy and electronic warfare with signals intelligence, electronic intelligence, radar, and telemetry systems. This role will make significant contributions to the design, development, test, and integration of hardware-in-the-loop radio frequency (RF) systems, RF component and subsystems engineering, and the transition of these novel systems to higher levels of technological maturity.
This position is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Visit https://greaterabq.com/the-city-we-love/ for information on living in the greater Albuquerque area! Relocation assistance will be provided to the ideal candidate.
Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Extensive experience in the design and development of RF systems and components
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline (with an emphasis in high-frequency RF analog and mixed signal systems design highly desired)
- Proven ability to move from concept to prototype with minimal direction
- Design experience with RF front-end system topologies, including low-noise amplifiers, mixers, phase-shifters, quadrature heterodyne stages, and phased-array front-end topologies with operating frequencies up to 60GHz
- Demonstrated familiarity with the use of high-fidelity modeling and simulation tools such as CST Microwave Studio, Keysight ADS/Pathwave, CADENCE, or similar tool