Verus Research is searching for an experienced Pulsed Power Technician to assist with the daily operations and maintenance of a pulsed-power system. The primary role for the Pulsed Power Technician will be to assist engineering staff with device assembly, testing, and design modification of high-power circuits, implementation of test bench and diagnostic capabilities, and design of a next-generation pulsed-power system.
Verus Research develops a range of pulsed power and plasma technologies. The ideal candidate for the Pulsed Power Technician role will possess a strong mix of design, analytical, and hands-on skills and be self-driven and highly motivated to contribute in a fast-paced laboratory environment. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Success in this role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Presently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Associate’s degree in Engineering or Electronics
- 10 years’ or more relevant work experience or 12 years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree
- Familiarity with electrical circuits and pulsed power design, operation, and mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, and repair
- Familiarity and experience with vacuum systems
- Familiarity with data collection, and analysis
- Experience and a high degree of proficiency with control systems as well as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and high-voltage power supplies used to troubleshoot and repair electronic circuits and electrical equipment