Verus Research is searching for a Radio Frequency (RF) Communications Engineer to support a growing portfolio of research and development programs in signals intelligence, electronic intelligence, radar and telemetry systems, and blending the domains of directed energy and electronic warfare (EW).
The RF Communications Engineer will conceive, develop, and formulate system performance and requirement specifications for hardware-in-the-loop, EW-wireless communications systems. This includes advanced signal processing algorithm and protocol design, MATLAB-based simulator development, and RF component and subsystems engineering. Additionally, this position will require working with multi-disciplinary teams to support the transition of these novel systems to higher levels of technology maturity. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- 5 years’ demonstrated expertise in technical aspects pertaining to the design and development of EW or wireless communication systems
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated fluency with MATLAB®
- Well-developed knowledge of digital signal processing as it applies to complex baseband signals
- Demonstrated familiarity with statistical and adaptive signal processing, channel equalization, adaptive filtering, and detection and estimation theory as applied to wireless communication systems
- Knowledge of multiple-input and multiple-output (MIMO) systems is desired
- Experience with wireless communication hardware is desired