Verus Research is searching for a Radio Frequency (RF) Hardware Engineer to support our growing portfolio of research and development programs which blend the domains of directed energy and electronic warfare (EW) with signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic intelligence (ELINT), radar, and telemetry systems.
The RF Hardware Engineer will design, develop, test, and support the integration of hardware-in-the-loop RF systems, RF component and subsystems engineering, and the transition of these novel systems to higher levels of technological maturity. The position requires working collaboratively in teams comprised of diverse scientific and engineering colleagues and technology-savvy customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the RF Hardware Engineer role will possess a strong mix experimental and analytical skills, the ability to communicate complex ideas, provide innovative solutions, and the ability to function in a collaborative team. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years’ demonstrated expertise in technical design and development of RF and/or wireless communication systems
- Understanding of radar theory, RF antenna design, and RF transmitter and receiver circuits
- Familiarity with the technologies and concepts integral to EW and wireless communication systems with a demonstrated ability to solve complex engineering problems related to such systems
- Demonstrated experience using electronic instrumentation test equipment, such as vector signal generators/analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and arbitrary waveform generators, as they are utilized in RF applications
- Application-relevant experience with some combination of the following: LabVIEW, MATLAB®, Python™, Agilent (KeySight) ADS, and CST Microwave Studio, or similar software tools