Verus Research is searching for a Research Engineer – Control Systems to perform research & development, conception, implementation, and verification of control algorithms for autonomous and robotics systems.
The primary role for the Research Engineer – Control Systems will be to design and develop control algorithms and software, with special focus on space systems. The role will require developing models, implementing advanced control principles and optimization algorithms, and learning about and applying formal verification principles. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Research Engineer – Control Systems position will possess strong analytical skills and a background in control theory and dynamical systems. This is a customer-facing role that requires close collaboration with a variety of stakeholders. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in computer science, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or similar fields
- At least 3 years’ experience working in relevant technical areas (funded research experience in pursuit of an advanced degree qualifies)
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink, Python, C++ preferred
- Strong mathematical background
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Knowledge of spacecraft dynamics and control desired
- Knowledge of formal verification methods a plus