Verus Research is searching for a Robotics Software Engineer to perform software development for robotics applications, including conception, implementation of control algorithms, and embedded software deployment. Specialization in aerospace applications is preferred with particular emphasis on guidance-navigation-control (GNC) applications.
The primary role for the Robotics Software Engineer will be to aid in the development and utilization of a mobile robotics laboratory that represents aircraft and spacecraft behaviors. The role will require development of software requirements, software documentation, communication protocols, utilization of one or more robotics middleware languages (such as ROS), establishment of communications between multiple hardware systems, design of GNC algorithms, and implementation of those algorithms on hardware. This is a customer-facing role that requires close collaboration with a variety of stakeholders. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Robotics Software Engineer position will possess strong analytical skills and a background in some combination of robotics, dynamics and control, autonomous system development, and networked or multi-agent systems. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or related field (graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years of industry experience working on robotics software, preferably for drone applications
- Strong programming skills with experience using Python, C++, and ROS/ROS 2
- A solid understanding of robotics concepts, such as path planning, control, and communications
- Ability to quickly implement algorithms and prototypes on hardware
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively and work on a diverse team
- Knowledge of aerospace systems greatly preferred