Verus Research is searching for a Senior Buyer to lead, coordinate, and implement procurement activities in support of various hardware development efforts in a research and development environment.
This individual plays a key role in all aspects of sourcing fabricated mechanical parts, testing, and services. The Senior Buyer will evaluate supplier quotes and services to obtain best value. Additionally, the Senior Buyer will on-board new suppliers, perform supplier assessments, and lead negotiations. Further, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for supplier relationships and performance monitoring.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Buyer position will have a strong experience in manufacturing, machining, printed circuit board fabrication and assembly. Additionally, the successful applicant will possess an understanding of FAR and ITAR requirements; negotiate terms & conditions; and have extensive experience in requisition processing, issuing purchase orders, and providing resolution on invoicing issues.
Success in this role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- 7 or more years of experience in purchasing, supply chain management, or industrial engineering; experience in a research and development setting is highly preferred
- Experience in buying activities across various commodities, including electronics, mechanical systems, printed circuit boards and box assembly, services, and test equipment.
- Experience with government contracting, CPSR, FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements
- Strong background in manufacturing, source selection, AS9100 and ISO 9100
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or other relevant discipline required; Master’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated mastery of computer applications and systems
- Knowledge of suppliers in the greater Albuquerque market is a plus