Verus Research is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support our expanding research and development needs across a broad array of technical areas, including pulsed power, high-power microwave devices, electromagnetic sensors, and electronic warfare.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will possess the leadership traits, communications skills, and experience required to address the challenges inherent in complex system control. This role will influence system designs from inception to delivery, leveraging both novel and proven solutions to achieve success with validated results. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate will possess experience in PCB design, low-level embedded firmware, and high-level control software. Strong collaboration with subject matter experts is essential throughout the design and execution process, as is the ability to work both collaboratively and independently on tasks within the team. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in electrical engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with PCB design (schematic and layout) using Altium Designer® or equivalent
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and microprocessors, preferably ARM core.
- Understanding of common peripheral usage (SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, etc.) and experience with bare-metal RTOS and embedded Linux systems
- Familiarity with Git, or similar version control software
- Experience with C or C++, and Python