Verus Research is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to participate in research and development efforts across multiple technical areas, including pulsed power and power electronics, high-vacuum and high-power microwave systems, and complex system integration efforts.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will direct efforts across a variety of projects, including the design, build, and testing of power electronics and pulsed power systems for use in directed energy projects; the design and development of electrical power supply systems and subsystem development; conduct of circuit analysis and diagnostics; and the mentoring and support of more junior team members. Verus Research is committed to solving our customers’ most challenging technical problems and we seek solution-oriented individuals to enhance our team’s ability to thrive in this role. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Electrical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of electrical system development, design, and analytical skills, as well as leadership traits and the ability to communicate complex ideas that provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- At least ten (10) years’ experience working in relevant technical areas (DoD, Department of Energy, research and development setting, or a production environment)
- At least five (5) years’ experience developing electrical circuits
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (advanced degree highly desired)
- Significant experience using circuit simulation software such as PSpice®, Micro-Cap, LTSpice®, MATLAB® and Simulink®, etc. to model analog circuits.
- Experience with circuit layout tools such as Altium® desired
- Experience designing, developing, integrating, and testing electrical systems for pulsed power, high-power microwave, high-vacuum, or plasma systems desired