Verus Research is searching for a Senior Guidance, Navigation & Controls (GNC) Engineer to perform research and development, conception, and implementation of algorithms while ensuring security requirements are satisfied.
The Senior Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineer will support simulation software development and system test, evaluation, verification, and validation within the constraints of software and hardware integration for autonomous, multi-satellite systems. This position will contribute significantly to a growing body of work at Verus Research related to autonomy applications for satellites. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineer role will possess critical thinking skills, a deep domain understanding of space-centric command and control and space situational awareness, and real-world coding experience for space applications. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- 4 years of professional modeling and simulation development experience related to orbital dynamics and flight dynamics and control
- Master’s degree in aeronautical/astronautical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a related field, or have a relevant bachelor’s degree and equivalent additional experience
- Experience with high-level programming languages (Python, C/C++, MATLAB)
- Familiarity with estimation and control theory, probability and statistics, and coordinate transformations
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical efforts pertaining to GNC
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills