Verus Research is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to perform research and development in a wide array of technical domains, including pulsed power and high-power microwave system design. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be required to solve complex problems via electromechanical means leading to specific hardware applications. The candidate is expected to contribute to and manage the efforts of multiple performers, requiring an integrated approach to system development in a collaboration with other engineering disciplines and our technical customers.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Mechanical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Presently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- 10 or more years’ experience working in relevant technical areas in a research or production environment
- Advanced degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience in prototype development, including solid modeling, drafting, vendor management, testing, and integration
- Experience in design or production of vacuum systems, pulsed power systems, or RF sources is highly desired
- Specific examples of successfully leading small technical teams and larger interdisciplinary collaborations is highly desired
Apply For This Job