Verus Research is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to participate in research and development (R&D) efforts over a broad number of technical areas, including pulsed power design, high-power microwave design, and directed energy system integration. All candidates must be U.S. citizens and hold or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be required to participate in (and eventually lead) development activities leading to electromechanical solutions to complex problems ultimately resulting in hardware builds. The candidate is also expected to contribute on efforts requiring an integrated approach to system development with multiple internal and external stakeholders. This level of integration requires working within a collaborative team environment, including other engineering disciplines as well as technical customers. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Mechanical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design and analytical skills, relevant experience, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- 5 or more years of experience working in relevant technical areas in a DoD research or production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (advanced degree highly desired)
- > 2000-hrs using SolidWorks® to develop CAD models and fabrication prints in a production or R&D environment
- Prior experience integrating mechanical systems that include high vacuum, pulsed power, and radio frequency source subsystems
- Experience developing fabrication prints per ASME Y14
- Experience with GD&T
- Prior experience designing and validating mechanical systems for shock and vibration
- Prior experience designing and validating thermal management subsystems
- Demonstration of a design portfolio highly desired
- Prior experience in project management desired