Verus Research is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to participate in research and development efforts across multiple technical areas including directed energy, pulsed power systems, high vacuum and high-power microwave systems, antenna design, complex system integration efforts among others.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will support the development novel concepts and advanced solutions for complex problems. You could be directing efforts across a variety of projects or a single large project, to include design, perform critical analysis, procurements, vendor management, integration, test and delivery to our customers. The candidate is also expected to work collaboratively with teams of engineers and scientists to achieve successful project execution. Verus Research is committed to solving our customer’s most challenging technical problems and seeks solution-oriented individuals to enhance our team’s ability to thrive in this role. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Senior/Principle Mechanical Engineer role will possess strong leadership traits with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively when working with a team and leading a team, plus strong design and analytical skills.
Success. in this demanding position will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 10 or more years of experience working in relevant technical areas in a DoD research or production environment. Related work in the Directed Energy (DE) or High-Power Microwave (HPM) field
- Highly Proficient with CAD software to include 5 or more years of SolidWorks experience, including detailed design, assembly design, FEA, GD&T, and configuration management using SolidWorks PDM
- Understanding of Design For Manufacturing (DFM) methods; machine tools, rapid and additive manufacturing, welding, surface treatments, etc.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills, including experience writing technical reports and briefing test results to stakeholders