Verus Research is searching for a Senior Radio Frequency Design Engineer to perform research and development which blend the domains of directed energy and electronic warfare (EW) with signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic intelligence (ELINT), radar, and telemetry systems.
The Senior Radio Frequency (RF) Design Engineer will make significant contributions in the design, development, test, and integration of hardware-in-the-loop RF systems, RF component and subsystems engineering, and the transition of these novel systems to higher levels of technological maturity. This work will require conducting both guided and independent research.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Radio Frequency Design Engineer position will possess a strong mix of experimental and analytical skills and be able to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- An advanced degree in electrical engineering (an emphasis in high frequency RF analog and mixed signal systems design highly desired) or similar discipline
- Design experience with RF front-end system topologies, including low noise amplifiers, mixers, phase-shifters, quadrature heterodyne stages, and phased-array front-end topologies with operating frequencies up to 60GHz
- Demonstrated familiarity with the use of high-fidelity modeling and simulation tools such as CST Microwave Studio, Keysight ADS/Pathwave, CADENCE, or similar
- Demonstrated familiarity with the use of electronic instrumentation test equipment such as vector signal generators/analyzers, linear and nonlinear network analyzers, phase noise analyzers, spectrum analyzers and arbitrary waveform generators, as utilized in the context of calibrating and qualifying RF front-end systems for EW and communications applications