Verus Research is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to support a diverse portfolio of research and development efforts in the areas of directed energy, electronic warfare, and applied electronics.
The Senior Software Engineer will have a strong programming background, have contributed to or led all stages of software development, and be highly experienced with C++ and Python. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with teams of engineers and scientists on multiple, diverse projects. Verus Research is committed to solving our customer’s most challenging technical problems and seeks solution-oriented individuals to enhance our team’s ability to thrive in this role. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Software Engineer will possess a strong mix of leadership and analytical skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree(s) in computer science, physics, math, or an engineering discipline
- 6 or more years of experience working in software development
- Professional experience with C++ and/or Python
- Experience with version control in a Git environment and user interface development
- Experience with GitLab continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) or other pipelines desired