Verus Research is looking for a motivated and results-driven Software Controls Engineer to support our growing requirements in the design and development of high-power electromagnetic sensors and systems.
The primary role for the Software Controls Engineer will be the development of PC-based desktop applications and embedded firmware design to enable state control and data acquisition on various research and development projects. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
- Develop desktop and embedded applications from inception to deployment with an emphasis on testable, extensible, and reusable code
- Maintain existing programs and provide support for new requirements
- Work with hardware team members during the design phase to establish successful design approaches and solutions
- Provide comprehensive documentation on all projects
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for the development of new technologies
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- U.S. citizen
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience with one or more of the following languages: C, C++, C#, or Java
- Experience developing Windows-based graphical user interfaces
- Experience with embedded systems, preferably ARM core
- Familiarity with embedded networking, real-time operating systems, and peripheral interfaces (such as SPI, UART, PWM)