Verus Research is searching for a Software Engineer to perform research and development, conception, and implementation of algorithms into software while ensuring processing constraints and security requirements are satisfied. The work will primarily be geared towards implementing advanced satellite flight software under power constraints.
The Software Engineer will work within the limitations of satellite processors and help teammates to understand the implications of those limitations at the research and algorithm design stages. This position will contribute significantly to a growing portfolio of projects at Verus Research related to autonomy applications for satellites. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer will possess extensive hands-on experience and critical thinking skills, a deep domain understanding of software configuration management, development environments, and real-world coding experience for space applications. Success in this demanding position will stem from:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or related field, or have a Bachelor’s degree and equivalent additional experience
- At least one year of experience developing software in C, C++, Rust, or other relevant software language in Linux environments
- Knowledge of software lifecycle development and best practices, including version control, unit test design and implementation, and requirements design and verification
- Experience working with GPUs, including using CMake, CUDA, and GPU optimization
- Experience working on satellite guidance and control applications desired