Verus Research is searching for a Space and Autonomy Technical Director to lead our growing Space and Autonomy Portfolio that conducts research and development to advance and enable the deployment, safety, and trustworthiness of autonomous systems, from algorithm development to software development to test, evaluation, and verification.
The Space and Autonomy Technical Director will be required to lead a team of engineers, scientists, and program managers in the fields of space and autonomy, radio frequency (RF) communications, and RF-microwave systems engineering. The position requires working with tech-savvy customers, identifying their requirements, generating technical responses and proposals, formulating execution strategies, and working with diverse internal technical teams to ensure successful program outcomes on time and on budget. The Space and Autonomy Technical Director will also work closely our senior staff identifying in and pursuing additional growth areas. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Space and Autonomy Technical Director role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, technical and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or able to obtain a Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance
- Master’s degree (or higher) in aeronautical, computer, electrical, or mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- At least 8 years of demonstrated technical program leadership and management experience, preferably in support of U.S. Department of Defense customers and U.S. space programs
- Experience leading the development of and writing winning technical white papers and proposals for federal research and development customers
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, leading, and managing a highly technical and research-oriented staff
- Strong technical background with demonstrated knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and autonomy technologies
- Experience with software development best practices and managing software development activities