Verus Research is searching for a Systems Engineer to support and manage hardware integration efforts in a research and development environment. These efforts frequently require application of tailored systems processes as well as program management. Frequently used skills include: program planning, requirements development, interface control development, configuration management, risk analysis, verification & validation scheduling, and cost analysis.
The Systems Engineer will be required to develop program plans through application of systems engineering (SE) processes while leading these efforts through application of program management (PM) principles and skills. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Systems Engineer role will possess a mix of leadership traits, organizational skills, relevant SE and PM experience, and the ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical individuals. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical engineering discipline
- 5 or more years of experience in a systems engineering role required
- 3 or more years of experience on integration efforts in a research environment highly desired
- 3 or more years of experience in program management highly desired
- Demonstrated experience performing requirements definition, analysis, and allocation for research and development (R&D) projects highly desired
- Interface control development experience (identification, definition, documentation) to enable multi-disciplinary design teams to work in parallel on multiple sub-systems and assemblies highly desired
- Verification testing experience on electrical equipment highly desired
- Prior experience with systems that include high vacuum, pulsed power or radio frequency source subsystems desired