Verus Research is searching for a Systems Engineer to support and manage hardware integration efforts in a research and development (R&D) environment. These efforts often require application of tailored systems processes and robust program management. In this setting, frequently used skills include program planning, requirements development, interface control development, configuration management, risk analysis, verification & validation scheduling, and cost analysis.
The Systems Engineer will be required to develop program plans through application of systems engineering (SE) processes while leading these efforts through application of program management (PM) principles and skills. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Systems Engineer role will possess a mix of leadership traits, organizational skills, relevant SE and PM experience, and the ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering or a relevant technical engineering discipline
- 5 or more years’ experience in a systems engineering role
- 3 or more years’ program management experience on integration efforts in a research environment
- Demonstrated experience performing requirements definition, analysis, and resource allocation for R&D projects
- Interface control document development experience (identification, definition, documentation) that enabled multi-disciplinary design teams to work in parallel across various sub-systems and assemblies
- Prior experience with high vacuum, pulsed power, or radio frequency source subsystems