Verus Research is searching for Technical Project Managers to lead research and development projects across the range of our technical areas, including applied electronics, directed energy system integration, electronic warfare, nuclear testing technologies, and space and autonomy.
The Technical Project Managers will manage and contribute to research and development efforts requiring an integrated approach to program development involving multiple team members from several engineering disciplines. Those selected will manage project scope, schedule, budget, and internal and external resources in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidates will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, project management and analytical skills, a desire to develop innovative solutions, willingness to contribute at the technical and managerial levels, and the ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide variety of stakeholders. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related discipline
- 4+ years’ experience working in relevant technical areas in the Department of Defense (highly desired) or an industry research environment
- Experience leading projects during all stages of the project lifecycle, from concept formulation through design, development, integration, testing, and delivery
- Experience estimating and planning project resources using tools such as work breakdown structures and integrated master schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive level management and customers