Verus Research is searching for a Technical Project Manager to lead research and development in pulsed power design, high-power microwave design, and directed energy system integration.
The Technical Project Manager will manage and contribute to efforts requiring an integrated approach to system development involving multiple team members. This level of integration will occur in a collaborative environment that involves other engineering disciplines and our technical customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Technical Project Manager will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, project management and analytical skills, a desire to develop innovative solutions, willingness to contribute to efforts at both the technical and managerial levels, and the ability to communicate complex ideas. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD)security clearance
- 10 years’ experience working in relevant technical areas in a DoD research environment (highly desired) or production research environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline (advanced degree preferred)
- Project management required experience (higher level program management experience preferred)
- Experience planning and integrating mechanical systems (experience with high-vacuum, pulsed power, and radio frequency source subsystems highly desired)
- Demonstrated successes leading multi-disciplinary teams through systems life cycles