Verus Research is searching for an experienced Electrical Engineer to lead design and development of electronic components and systems to support developmental and maturing hardware.
Verus Research develops a range of high-power electromagnetic and plasma technologies. In many cases, customer specifications require adapting or advancing the state of the art in component and system technologies. The primary role for the Electrical Engineer will be overseeing the design and development of electronics to drive high-power electromagnetic and plasma systems and diagnosing component operations. The successful candidate will also perform project planning, lead electrical sub-system development, and assist in proposal writing and report generation. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
- Perform circuit analysis, design, and testing to support development of high-power electromagnetic systems
- Assist the enterprise engineering team with developing advanced solutions for power systems and diagnostics
- Conduct electronic system testing, record results, and prepare reports and presentations
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for the development of new high-power electromagnetic capabilities
- Develop solutions that are easily transitioned to prototyping
- Build and test quick-turn prototype assemblies
Success in this role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Presently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- More than 3 years’ experience developing electrical circuits for power electronics, pulsed power, or radio frequency systems
- Ability to independently formulate design and development plans for electrical systems