Verus Research is searching for an Electrical Engineer to participate in research and development efforts across multiple technical areas, including high-current pulsed power machines, nuclear technologies, high-vacuum systems, and complex system integration efforts.
The Electrical Engineer will direct efforts to mature the design of an established pulsed power plasma system and the design and development of the related electrical system and subsystems. This includes performing circuit analysis, design, and testing to support development of high-power plasma systems, and assisting the technical team with developing advanced solutions for power systems and diagnostics. Verus Research is committed to solving our customers’ most challenging technical problems and we seek solution-oriented individuals to enhance our team’s ability to thrive in this role. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Electrical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of electrical system development, design, and analytical skills, leadership traits, design and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- 5+ years of experience working in relevant technical areas in a Department of Defense research or production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (advanced degree highly desired)
- 3+ years developing electrical circuits for high-power electronics and pulsed power systems
- Experience testing electrical systems to verify compliance with requirements
- > 2000-hrs using circuit simulation software such as PSpice®, MicroCap, LTSpice®, MathWorks®, etc. to model analog circuits