Verus Research is searching for a Machine Learning Engineer to perform research & development, conception, and implementation of advanced control theory principals for autonomous system development.
The primary role for the Machine Learning Engineer will be to develop and implement machine learning algorithms with a focus on reinforcement learning techniques and robotics applications. Of particular interest will be developing algorithms to satisfy given specifications with a high focus on safety assurance.
- Design and implement data-driven control algorithms and dynamics models
- Research novel techniques for incorporating autonomy and intelligence into systems that are safe and trustworthy
- Develop simulation environments for data generation and system testing
- Implement developed algorithms on hardware testbeds
- Prepare technical reports and present results to colleagues and customers
- Help with proposal writing and developing new opportunities in the field of autonomy
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- U.S. citizen
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, controls systems engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, or related fields
- Experience with MATLAB, SIMULINK, C++, Python or other similar programming languages
- Experience developing simulation environments in Unity
- Robotic control systems experience, including ability to build robotic hardware demonstrations of learned algorithms
- Demonstrated record of scientific publications in peer reviewed journals or conference proceedings