Verus Research is searching for a Machine Learning Engineer to perform research, development, and implementation of advanced fault detection principals for autonomous system development with primary application to space systems.
The primary role for the Machine Learning Engineer will be to develop and implement machine learning algorithms with a focus on fault detection and predictive maintenance. The candidate is expected to have a strong mathematical and statistical background and be able to understand and explain the theory behind the algorithms being used. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
Success in this role will stem from strong analytical skills, a mixture of practical and theoretical machine learning/statistical experience and knowledge, and experience with fault detection, predictive maintenance applications, and/or spacecraft systems. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in computer science, mathematics, physics or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in relevant technical areas
- Advanced experience with MATLAB, Simulink, Python, or other similar programming languages
- Knowledge of spacecraft systems is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in storing, processing, manipulating, and analyzing large datasets
- Experience designing user interfaces a plus
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently or in small teams