Verus Research is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to support research and development and system integration across a broad array of technical areas, including pulsed power and high-power microwave systems.
The Mechanical Engineer will be required to develop electro-mechanical solutions to complex problems that ultimately result in hardware builds. The candidate is also expected to contribute to and manage efforts requiring an integrated approach to system development. The position requires working collaboratively in teams comprised of diverse scientific and engineering colleagues as well as technology-savvy customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Mechanical Engineer position will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- 7 to 10 years’ experience working in relevant technical areas
- Demonstrated experience in prototype development, including solid modeling, drafting, vendor management, testing, and integration
- Advanced experience with SolidWorks®
- 3 or more years’ experience with static and dynamic finite element analysis
- Experience designing or producing vacuum systems, pulsed power systems, or radio frequency sources (highly desired)
- Demonstrated experience in project management (highly desired)