Verus Research seeks a Mechanical Engineer to perform research and development in a broad array of technical areas, including pulsed power and high-vacuum system design and integration.
The Mechanical Engineer will participate in the development of highly technical solutions to complex problems that ultimately result in hardware builds. The successful applicant will also contribute to efforts that use an integrated approach to system development involving multiple process contributors. This level of integration will occur in a collaborative team environment that involves other engineering disciplines and our technical customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Mechanical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of design and analytical skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding (or being able to obtain) a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- 5+ years’ experience working in relevant technical areas in a production or DoD research environment
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (advanced degree desired)
- 2+ years’ experience with SolidWorks® and/or other CAD software required
- Hands-on experience with general tools required
- Fabrication experience required
Relevant prior experience should include robust exposure to a combination of design and development areas, including one or more of the following:
- Integrating mechanical systems, including high-vacuum, pulsed power, and plasma/fusion source subsystems desired
- Designing and validating mechanical systems for shock, vibration, electromagnetic, and thermal management (including EMS and general CFD) desired
- PDMWorks®, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and integrated circuit design experience desired