Verus Research is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to participate in research and development efforts across multiple technical areas, including high-current pulsed power machines, nuclear technologies, high-vacuum systems, and complex system integration efforts.
The Mechanical Engineer will be required to participate in the synthesis of mechanical solutions for advanced nuclear technologies. The candidate is also expected to work collaboratively with teams of engineers and scientists to achieve integrated outcomes for system development. Verus Research is committed to solving our customers’ most challenging technical problems and we seek solution-oriented individuals to enhance our team’s ability to thrive in this role. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
The ideal candidate for the Mechanical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- 3+ years of experience working in relevant technical areas in a Department of Defense research or production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (advanced degree desired)
- > 2000-hrs using SolidWorks to develop CAD models and fabrication prints required
- Experience in the following highly desired:
- Developing fabrication prints per ANSI Y14
- Experience with GD&T
- Designing and validating mechanical systems for shock and vibration
- Designing and validating thermal management subsystems
- Developing hardware for production
- Demonstration of a design portfolio