Verus Research is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to lead research and development in a broad array of technical areas, including pulsed power design, high-power microwave design, and directed energy system integration.
The Mechanical Engineer will lead and participate in the development of electromechanical solutions to complex problems that ultimately result in hardware builds. The successful applicant will also contribute to and manage efforts requiring an integrated approach to system development involving multiple process contributors. This level of integration will occur in a collaborative team environment that involves other engineering disciplines and our technical customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Mechanical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- 15 years’ experience working in relevant technical areas in a production or DoD research environment
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (advanced degree highly desired)
- Prior experience in Project Management required
- Prior experience integrating mechanical systems that include high vacuum, pulsed power, and RF source subsystems required
- Prior experience designing and validating mechanical systems for shock and vibration desired
- Prior experience designing and validating thermal management subsystems desired