Verus Research is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to perform research and development in a broad number of technical areas, including pulsed power and high-power microwave system design.
The Mechanical Engineer will be required to develop electromechanical solutions to complex problems ultimately resulting in hardware builds. This level of integration requires working within a collaborative team environment with other engineering disciplines and technical customers. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate for the Mechanical Engineer role will possess a strong mix of leadership traits, design and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions. Success in this demanding role will stem from:
- U.S. citizenship
- Holding or being able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- 2 or more years of experience working in relevant technical areas
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience in prototype development, including solid modeling, drafting, vendor management, testing, and integration
- Experience in the design or production of vacuum systems, pulsed power systems, or RF sources is highly desired