Verus Research is searching for a Principal Digital Signal Processing Engineer to perform advance its capabilities in real-time embedded signal processing.
The Principal Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineer will make significant contributions to a growing portfolio of projects in space communications and electronic warfare. This engineer will design, develop, implement, and optimize DSP algorithms for real-time applications that run on embedded FPGA hardware or software defined radios. This engineer will also design and implement multi-channel radio and EW signal processing systems and radar sensor systems, and perform verification testing for software, hardware, and hardware-in-the-loop solutions. This work will require conducting both guided and independent research.
The ideal candidate for the Principal Digital Signal Processing Engineer position will possess strong research and critical thinking skills, demonstrate a deep domain understanding of digital signal processing, and be able to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. The candidate will often work independently to identify and mitigate technical risks in algorithmic design and implementation in hardware architectures, identify future opportunities for sustained growth, lead whitepaper and proposal development, and mentor younger team members in technical disciplines and complex engineering principles vital to the successful execution of program objectives. This posting is for work in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Success in this exciting role will stem from:
- U.S. Citizenship
- 8-12 years practical experience in the design and development of DSP algorithms for real-time applications
- An advanced degree in electrical engineering (an emphasis in wireless communications or radar signal processing is highly desired) or similar discipline
- Knowledge in wireless communication theory, digital and analog signal processing, hardware-in-the-loop algorithm development and testing, and software defined radio architectures
- Demonstrated familiarity with space-time adaptive processing, MIMO, statistical and adaptive signal processing, channel equalization, adaptive filtering, detection, and estimation theory for both communication and radar systems.
- Experience implementing digital signal processing solutions on embedded processors and digital hardware, cognitive or AI/ML based signal processing techniques for wireless communication (to include 5G physical layer protocols) and/or radar.