Verus Research is searching for a Project Controls Manager to build and lead the project controls team and provide expertise leading to the stand-up of an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) in our research and development environment. The Project Controls Manager will lead the maturation and evolution of the project controls department.
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for ensuring the project controls team provides end-to-end analysis and reporting of program cost and schedule in support of the Program Manager, Chief Operating Officer, and Finance Department. This individual will have a complete understanding of and deep experience with application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards in project controls. This posting is for work in the Albuquerque, NM, area.
- U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 10 or more years of experience working in a relevant business environment or a Master’s degree in accounting or finance and eight (8) years or more experience working in a relevant business environment
- Experience with government aerospace/defense contracting and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Knowledge of and experience with application of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) practices, requirements, analysis, and reporting
- Experience with analysis and development of programmatic financial reporting requirements, including “estimates to complete,” “estimates at complete,” and variance analysis
- Past experience standing up and leading teams, creating policies and procedures, leading multiple internal projects with different deadlines, and crafting enterprise-level communications